1. Employment of Property Manager shall act as the exclusive property manager of property to manage & operate the property.
2. Best efforts of Property Manager shall implement his best efforts to attract genuine Holiday Rental tenants for the property and act in a fiduciary capacity as the Owner’s agent.
3. Advertising and Promotion. The property will be advertised on Stayz.com.au. & HomeAway.com.au. The property manager will make every effort to either assist in improving/transferring the current listing or create a new listing entirely. Manage My Getaways will implement the usual strategies in obtaining the best possible ranking for the property in it’s subsequent location/listing category.
4. Short term Holiday Leasing/Rental of the property Manage My Getaways shall make reasonable efforts to lease available space of the property and shall be responsible for all negotiations with prospective short term Holiday rental tenants.
Prospective guests are required to fill in an online application form which includes numbers of adults and children, age group of the prospective booking and residential address details.
Below is a description of the “standard” terms and conditions outlined and specified to all prospective short term Holiday tenants. The conditions may vary slightly depending on the specifications of your property. Once these specifications are identified the conditions will be altered accordingly.
Standard Terms and Conditions of Temporary Holiday Accommodation
*A deposit is required to secure the booking. Payment of the rental deposit constitutes the clients acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
*Balance of the rental amount must be received on the date that has been specified in your payment details. If not the owner has the right to cancel the booking and attempt to re let it.
*Cancellation if caused by the client, money paid is not refundable unless the house is re-let for the entire period. If it a refund is made due to the property being re let then a $100 cancellation fee will apply.
*The owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However the owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
Such as if :
* The property sold
* The property is altered in any way
* Malfunction of any inventory articles
* The property is withdrawn from letting
* Should any of the above occur every reasonable endeavour will be made to find alternative accommodation.
*To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions.
*Number of Guests should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Fees will apply for excess guests not agreed with the owners in advance.
*Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in loss of your bond and/or additional payments.
*Damage, Breakages, Theft and Loss are the tenants responsibility during their stay.
*Management reserves the right to inspect the property at any time of day or night if made aware of inappropriate behaviour or breach of these conditions.
*Departure – the property should be left in a similar state to its condition on arrival. Check-out time is 10.00am by the latest (unless agreed otherwise), to allow time to prepare property for next guests.
*Disturbance to our neighbours, including excessive noise, is prohibited and may result in termination of rental and loss of bond.
*Credit card details may be requested prior to entry into the property and held as a bond. The card would only be used to cover any additional costs incurred including but not limited to, any breakage, damage or excess cleaning requirements, extra guests beyond those declared ..etc.
*Linen is to be supplied by the tenant unless this has already been organised with Phillip Island Line Service (extra).
*Pets are not allowed unless you have mentioned it in your booking and specified some information regarding the pet ie type/breed. Please be aware that pets are to be left strictly outside only, if there is evidence that pets have been inside (hair), there will be a extra cleaning charges.
*Conditions of Spa use. (may not apply)
* Spa to be treated with care at all times and not to be overloaded with people.
* Spa water level to be maintained at all times. If not this can cause damage to the blowers that can be costly.
* Spa Temperature not to exceed 38.C. And controls to be used with care.
* You must hose down or have a shower prior to entering spa if you have come from the beach. Especially sand to be washed off prior to entering spa. If sand left in spa upon vacating or the spa is left in an unacceptable state a $200 cleaning fee will be charged.
* Strictly No glass in spa area. Plastics only.
* Strictly No smoking in spa area, and inside the house
Loss – the owners take no responsibility for the tenant’s personal property.
Strictly NO SMOKING inside the house.
Note: Variances can be agreed on but only by arrangement with the owner in writing.
Consequences of not meeting the Terms and Conditions
* The consequences of not complying with the Terms and Conditions requirements can include enforcement action from the owner, Manager, security services, local councils or, in some instances, the Police.
* Enforcement action is subject to the Australian Consumer Law and other relevant legislation.
* Such enforcement action could result in termination of permission to occupy the Property, eviction, loss of rental paid, deductions from security deposits and extra charges.
* It is therefore important for all Guests to be aware of their obligations and of their responsibilities to make any Visitors to the Property aware of these requirements to maintain the amenity of the Property and its neighbourhood.
1. Records & Reports
Manage My Getaways will keep books, accounts and records that reflect all revenues and all expenditures incurred in connection with the management and operation of the property. Manage My Getaways shall make the books, accounts and records available to the owner or the representatives of the owner for examination at any time. Manage My Getaways will forward a report at the end of the financial year if not prompted to do so earlier.
2. Management fees/commissions
Manage My Getaways shall receive a management fee equal to [%] of gross receipts collected for all reservations. Gross receipts are defined as all revenues collected plus any tenant cancellation fees. ( $100 administration cancellation fee ). The commission fee is in most cases deducted and withheld at the deposit stage of the booking.
3. Payments to owners
Manage My Getaways will transfer all funds minus commissions and all other monies retained (cleaners fee, stayz fees and or any maintenance fees) to the owner on the departure of the booking. In some (or even most) cases balance funds will be transferred to the owner in advance of the check in date.
4. Relationship of the parties
Manage My Getaways is an independent contractor and not an employee of the owner for any purpose.
5. Condition of the property
The client warrants to Manage My Getaways that the property (which includes all fixtures, fittings and any goods and chattels leased with the property) is not in dangerous condition and also warrants that if at any time the client becomes aware of any dangerous condition the client will immediately notify the property manager both verbally and in writing and if anybody is injured because of the dangerous condition of the property the client shall fully indemnify the property manager against any resulting claim or proceeding.
If the client is advised by the property manager of potential or actual problems with the property, the advice is deemed to be sufficient notice to the client of a dangerous condition.
The property must be in a clean, safe habitable state of repair, with smoke detectors fitted and in working order.
The property will need to be professionally cleaned after each guest vacates and prior to new tenants arriving. We have cleaners contracted for this purpose (fees vary for individual properties). This fee is taken out of the rental collected. The cleaners provide their own equipment and cleaning products.
Landlords must hold/have appropriate comprehensive landlords “short term rental” insurance, including public liability insurance.
* ——————————————— * ——————-
Property Manager’s signature Property Owner signature